YES!!! You should be afraid of AI, if you have been working ‘IN’ the system and not ‘ON’ the system.
You might be working ‘IN‘ the system if:
- You wait for your managers to give you a task.
- If you face a problem at work, your default response is to ask your manager instead of figuring yourself first
- You are busy building your resume instead of building projects
- You think your job title is going to exist 5 years from now
- You love to collect ‘certifications’ by doing courses, instead of building a proof of your work
- You learn something only if it is going to give you a raise, and not because you want to solve problems.
Want to work ‘ON‘ the system?
- Build a portfolio of mini-projects to develop specific skills, forget about certifications. This will become a proof of your work
- Perform high leverage activities like writing, learning no-code tools & learning automation tools.
- Develop systems mindset: Make it a habit to dissect how a business works, how a project works or what is the process of someone successful in your field.
- Share your discoveries with the world
- Invest your time in understanding why people buy
Basically, do everything that makes you a “creator” of value instead of “consumer” of value.
Creators work ON the system. Consumers work IN the system.